Für Patrolier (und alle Wüstenliebhaber)

Ja, es geht mir auch ein bißchen wie der Briefschreiberin im vorigen posting, "wissen und schweigen und heimlich Tränen vergießen". Das kommt aber nicht aus einer großen Wüsten-Reise-Erfahrung sondern vielmehr aus einer inneren Verwandtschaft, der ich in einigen Reisen auch äußerlich näherkommen konnte.
Bin kürzlich auf eine Passage in T.E.Lawrence´ "Seven Pillars of Wisdom" gestoßen, die Dir sicher gefallen wird (übersetzten mag ich nicht):

"A first knowledge of their (the beduins) sense of purity of rarefaction was given me in early years, when we had ridden far out over the rolling plains of North Syria to a ruin..which the Arabs believed was made by a prince of the border as a desert-palace for his queen. The clay of this building was said to have been kneaded for greater richness, not with water, but with the precious essential oils of flowers. My guides..led me from room to room, saying, >this is jessamine, this violet, this rose<. But at last Dahoum drew me: >Come and smell the very sweetest scent of all<, and he went into the main lodging, to the gaping window sockets of its eastern face, and there drank with open mouths of the effortless, empty, eddyless wind of the desert, throbbing past."

Das ist doch grandios !

liebe Grüße,
Piepmatz

PS.: wollte Dir das als PM schicken, Dein Postfach läßt es aber nicht zu !

Zuletzt bearbeitet von piepmatz; 22/08/2006 05:19.