Hi Nat,

thanks for the info beer

There are two LT85 versions available; The solid and the split case variant. The solid one was/ is still used for "special" heavy duty military V8 applications, the split case LT 85 can be found under the bonnet of the Santana PS-10 as well. Apart from the solid/split case, the solid one has got an oil pump and an oil filter. In the end more "special tools" are needed to overhaul the solid case version (picture below) .

[Linked Image von up.picr.de]

The 1.003:1 LT230 in combination with stock series diffs is to my opppinion the best deal- currently i've got a 1.192:1 ratio fitted (original Santana). In combination wit larger tyres (from 7.5 to 255/85 on one ton rims) it is hopefully a good runner (i used the ashcroft calculator to prove it: http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/calc/ratio_calc.html). The first in low range is a kind of rock crawler gear now what
Your decision to use a 1.222:1 ratio is right to me but to sell the rare 1.003:1 ratio gears apollo. This would work fine in a series 1 truck with v8/shortbox R380/LT230;-)

The steel plate is a locally made gear shift alignment tool, it'll be removed after checking and adjusting the shifting. Do you have the WSM for the box at hand??

Sorry sir, but vital areas are well lubricated (but not pictured;-). When i finish the overhaul i'll fill the box up with fresh oil and give some turns + shiftig by hand to get the oil everywhere (but not on th workshop floor hopefully)!
Today i'm going to resume work ont he gearbox, so mroe pics to follow today!

Zuletzt bearbeitet von hundertneuner; 23/01/2011 11:12.