sorry Andreas, ist irgendwie schon wieder so spaet geworden; bin wohl ein Nachtmensch.

Hab Post aus Afrika bekommen:

Norbert,

So you have a 300 tdi (manual or auto ?)

There is no standard GM trans what will fit directly on the 300 tdi engine.

I use the 700R4 but it is mated to a GM V8 Diesel engine. The trans
works fantastically well and can lock up in 2, 3 and 4 using a switch.

You would need to have a 700R4 with medium length tail shaft set up as a
diesel trans with diesel TC.
Then you will need to find an adapter to mate the engine to the gearbox
and the Tdi flex plate to the GM TC.
The BW transfer case has the same interface as the LT230 so either
adapter will work.

The 700R4 has a 0.7:1 top gear which is a bit longer than the 4HP22's
0.73 ratio..but the 700R4 has a very low 1st gear.

Hope this helps
Regards
Brian

Und dann hat mir noch jemand auf meine Fragen im Difflock-Forum sehr interessant geantwortet:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using a 4L80e in mine, not with a diseasel ofc but what you bolt at the front end doesn't matter that much. I'm using an LT230 transfer box with mine and, although the gearbox isn't longer than the ZF, the adaptor for that makes the whole assembly quite a bit longer than the original. In my case I had to move the gearbox cross member and transfer box mountings back around 4 inches. The GM gearbox oil pan is much wider and longer than the ZF so the transfer box has to be further back to so the front output flange and prop are clear of the gearbox sump.

I think this would cause problems with the handbrake and rear propshaft on anything shorter than 100 inch wheelbase.

I am using a Compushift to control mine and it works really well.

An easier route to consider, given that a ZF is probably up to the job of handling a 2.8, would be to use a later electronic ZF with the Compushift controller as this will give you the same flexibility without the space issues. Maddison 4x4 have developed the controller in partnership with Compushift and it works well on the back of a tuned TD5 so should be fine on the back of a 2.8.

I think the GM box is a better box than the ZF and, if you go GM, it's worth going for the 4L80e rather than the 4L60e IMV. The crispness of changes and the strength of the 4L80e when compared to the ZF is amazing. AFAIK the 4L80e was an upgrade to the 4L60e which had a few issues. The gearbox has the option of paddle switches too - not that I've wired those up as I have a Megashift ratchet shifter that gives a sequential feel anyway if you want to use it.

Das bringt doch schon wieder etwas Licht ins Dunkel, oder?

Gruesse, Norbert