Hi Marcus,

your webpage is just awesome - lots of usefull information and technical details!

Issues with waxed fuel in Bolivia are quite common - I remember filling up in Uyuni in 2008 and trying to use my water separation funnel. No chance as the fuel was alredy waxed and immediately clogged the mesh in the funnel.....

At that time we were traveling with our 1998 model Hilux (cold area version with fuel heater). Additionally I used some cold temperature additiv. This conbination worked well for us in the same temperature range.

Our current vehicle is equipped with an Iveco F1C (Iveco Massif) - it's very important to know that there might be issues with the fuel heater not beeing switched on by the ECU. My manual states that the heater should be activated below +6°C....

I will prepare a workaround in case we have the similar issue on our upcoming winter trip to Iran....

Additionally I added another preheater in front of the Separ (Diesel Term). No issues so far with the separ in cold conditions here in Europe and North America.

Cheers

Alex

Zuletzt bearbeitet von Alex_K; 20/09/2016 06:38.