Toy Gibraltar ändert/verstärkt an allen von ihnen verkauften J12 die Batteriehalter und verkauft im übrigen lieber HZJ105 und HZJ7x.
Dear Mr Blanc,
Thanks for the message, and my apologies for taking a while to answer.
We have not had the same problem with the front fenders, and I would suspect that your people may be asking too much of the Prado. We sell quite a number to the aid agencies, but we sell this model as a medium duty vehicle, and do not recommend it if it is to be used consistently off road. For a true 4x4 existence we tend to offer the Stationwagon or the Hardtop in the Landcruiser range. These are much tougher vehicles all round, and tend to take all the punishment that comes with working in the rougher parts of the world.
The battery tray is a very flimsy piece of plastic when the vehicle comes from factory, and I know that some of our customers have had a tray made up in steel, and welded securely to the metalwork. Our demo vehicle (which has a fairly rough life) has been modified in this way, and has
given no problems.
Trust this helps.
Best Regards
Na schon wenigstens etwas von Spezialisten. Im übrigen scheinen die J12 in RSA und auch in Australien andere Batteriehalter zu haben.
MfG
http://kjolur.f4x4.is/photoalbum/images/227-2475-15897.jpg

Romain
-voyageur entre les cultures-